Sunday, 01 October 2017
WHO’S AT THE TABLE
What you feed grows, what you starve dies.
John 10:10 (NIV)
- 10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
- THE HAIRBALL - THAT WHICH BLOCKS YOUR ABILITY TO LIVE IN FREEDOM
Galatians 5 (NIV)
- 5 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
- YOU WERE CREATED TO THRIVE.
- YOU WERE CREATED TO LIVE IN COMMUNITY RATHER THAN ISOLATION.
Hebrews 10:24-25 (NIV)
- 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
TRANSPARENT COMMUNITY - A GROUP BUILT ON GOD’S LOVE THAT IS COMMITTED TO CONFESSION, AFFIRMATION AND REPENTANT ACCOUNTABILITY, WITHIN A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW.
- CONFESSION - TO BE APPROPRIATELY HONEST ABOUT THE HAIRBALLS OF LIFE. (JAMES 5:16)
- AFFIRMATION - TO SPEAK WORDS OF COURAGE INTO ONE ANOTHER THAT WE ARE MORE THAN CONQUERORS IN CHRIST JESUS. (ROMANS 8:37)
- REPENTANT ACCOUNTABILITY - TO STAND STRONG WITHIN A BIBLICAL WORLDVIEW, ACCEPTING RESPONSIBILITY FOR ONE ANOTHER. (HEBREWS 3:12,13)
- BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE OUTSIDE OF THIS KIND OF COMMUNITY?
1 Corinthians 9:22 (NIV)
- 22 To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.
- BECAUSE OF CHRIST’S LOVE FOR US, WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A GREAT COMMISSION TO INVITE THE WEAK TO THE TABLE. (MATTHEW 22:37-39, MATTHEW 28:19,20)
WHO’S AT THE TABLE?
- TO AFFIRM ME:_____________________
- TO HOLD ME ACCOUNTIBLE: _____________________
- THAT I CAN ENCOURAGE:_____________________
- THAT I CAN INVITE:_____________________
Text the word MORE to the number 494949 for additional challenges this week.