When God Dwells with Us
Our FUTURE HOME
In John 14:2, Jesus promises to His followers that He is preparing a home for each of them. In Revelation 21, we are given a description of this home.
- Our new home will radiate with God’s glory.
- Our new home will have lasting beauty.
- Our new home will be free for us, but costly for God.
- Our new home will be safe from intruders.
The IMPORTANCE of your NAME
In order to enter into heaven, we must have our name written down in the Lamb’s book of life. How can you know that your name is in this book?
Accept the gift.
1. One of the most popular songs around this time of year is I’ll be home for Christmas. What is it about wanting to go back home during Christmas? Even if you can’t go back home anymore because of your parent’s death, or you moved, or your relationships are strained, there is still that inner desire to go home. Could this be from God preparing us for heaven, our eternal home?
2. As we think about what our new home will be like, we might want to ask if there will be time in heaven. Read the following verses and discuss what time will be like in the future (Luke 15:7,10; Revelation 6:10-11; 7:15; 8:1; 22:2). Note that in Revelation 5:9-12 people sing in heaven. Music in Heaven requires time. Meter, tempo, and rests are all essential components of music. What will be great is that time won’t be a diminishing resource about to end.
3. Will we recognize each other when we get to heaven? Jesus’ disciples recognized Him after His resurrection (Luke 24:15-31; John 20:15-16, 24-29; 21:1-14; 1 Cor. 15:6). Jesus’ disciples recognized Moses and Elijah at the transfiguration (Luke 9:29-33). We will recognize each other if we will be reunited (1 Thess. 4:14-18).
4. In Revelation 21-22, the place God and His people will live is called a city at least 15x. Discuss modern cities and how they have “highend” and “run down” areas. How will this be different in Heaven?
Applying the Bible
5. What can you do to help God’s glory radiate in the places you go this week? How should you live in order to bring God’s light to earth?