When Christ is King
The word millennium is a Latin word meaning 1,000 years. During this time period, the following will take place:
- Satan is bound.
- Nations are no longer deceived.
- Saints reign with Christ.
- Wicked dead remain asleep.
- Satan will be released.
The GREAT WHITE THRONE Judgment
After the millennium, the wicked dead will be judged. This judgment is described as follows:
- Jesus Christ will be the judge.
- Non-believers will attend the Great White Throne judgment; believers will attend the Judgment Seat of Christ.
- Every non-believer will be judged according to their works.
- Sin and its consequences will be no more.
- Will you be in the book of life, or the books of works?
1. Did you know that there are many different kinds of books by which humans will be judged? What will this judgment be like for the lost?
2. Read about the judgment seat of Christ in 2 Corinthians 5:10-15 (you can read the surrounding verses also for context). Christians will be judged by what they do (5:10), but it will not condemn us to hell. It will be in regard to rewards. What compels us to live a life that is pleasing to God (5:14)? Does the fact that believers will be at a different type of judgment than nonbelievers comfort you?
3. Who has the ability to thrown death and Hades into the Lake of Fire? Read 1 Corinthians 15:54-56.
4. Discuss the difference between “judged by works” and “judged based on grace”. Why do many Christians still base their eternity on works? How can we free ourselves from trying to perform for God’s approval. What does “He first loved us” (1 John 4:19) mean?
Applying the Bible
5. Do you doubt whether or not your name is written in the book of life? The letter of 1 John gives an answer to us. Ask these 10 questions to reassure yourself of your salvation: Do I have a friendship with God (1:2-3)? Is sin decreasing in my life (3:4-10)? Do I obey God’s word (2:3-6)? Do I reject this evil world (2:15-17)? Do I look forward to Christ’s return (3:2-3)? Do I love other people (2:9-11)? Have I seen answered prayer (5:13-15)? Is the Holy Spirit working in me (4:13-15)? Can I discern truth from error (4:1-3)? Have I suffered rejection because of my faith (3:13)?