What does God NOTICE about YOU?
Have you ever paused long enough to think about how God knows everything about you? God sees everything you do and He remembers it forever. If you are like the Ephesian believers, then God has noticed your:
- good deeds.
- hard work.
Have you LOST that LOVIN’ FEELIN’?
In order to understand the phrase “forsaken your first love,” we must look at what the words “love” and “heart” mean in the English and Greek languages.
Love [English] Heart [English]
Love [Greek] Heart [Greek]
What two actions does God give us in order to go back to our first love?
- Implement 1 Corinthians 13 love in everything you do.
OVERCOMERS experience HEAVEN
Our eternity is shaped by whether or not we listen to the Spirit.
1. Since God notices everything that you do and even how you do it, it is important to do everything with a self-sacrificing love. Using the five examples from the Ephesians, ask yourself these questions based on 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.
- Are you selflessly motivated when you do good deeds?
- Do you get easily angered at whoever doesn’t work hard?
- Do you show patience when you persevere?
- Do you exhibit kindness to those you discern are wrong?
- Do you refuse to boast in your holy living?
2. Discuss how important the word repent is to God (John the Baptist preached it in Luke 3:3; Jesus preached it in Matthew 4:17; Peter preached it in Acts 2:38). Is there something in your life that you need to turn from today?
3. Is there an area of your life where you are an overcomer? What have you overcome in your life with the Holy Spirit’s help? Discuss how being an overcomer and going to heaven are connected.
4. Discuss the healing of the nations and the 12 fruits on the tree of life.