The Rest of the Story
The Rest of the Story
The Christmas story is really just a chapter in a larger story—God’s story. It stretches all the way back to Genesis, even before creation, and it continues still today. It’s the story of God’s world, broken by sin, and his plan rescue it.
- Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man
- Jesus died on the cross for our sins
- Jesus rose again on the third day
- Jesus is coming again to set up His earthly kingdom
Our Part in the Story
You and I are a part of this story. In fact, everyone is living in this continuing story. It’s narrative not only impacts our lives; it is the most important thing in life. As believers it should affect how we live, and how we interact with non-believing friends and family.
- We are salt and light (Matthew 5:13-16)
- We are ambassadors (II Corinthians 5:20)
- We are living epistles (II Corinthians 3:1-3)
TELLING THE STORY
"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." —1 Peter 3:15
- God created us to be with Him
- Our sins separate us from God
- Sins cannot be removed by good deeds
- Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again
- Everyone who trusts in Him alone has eternal life
- Life with Jesus starts now and lasts forever
Creating Your Testimony
1. Take a few minutes now to work through these questions so you can be ready for the next open door God gives you to tell your story.
My Life Before Christ (Acts 26:4-11)
1. What about my life before Christ will relate most to the non-Christians I know?
2. Many people's actions spring out of their unsatisfied deep inner needs. What were one or two of your unsatisfied deep inner needs before you came to know Jesus Christ? Some examples of inner needs are: lack of peace, fear of death, something missing, no meaning to life, loneliness, lack of purpose, etc.
How I Came to Christ (Acts 26:12-18)
1. When was the first time I heard the gospel? What were my initial reactions?
2. What were the final struggles that went through my mind just before I accepted Him? Why did I finally decide to accept Christ (or give Him complete control of my life)?
My Life After Coming to Christ (Acts 26:19-23)
1. How is my life different now? List some specific changes in your character, attitude and perspective on life.
2. Even though my life still isn’t perfect, how does knowing Christ help me deal with that fact?