The Promise of LOVE for EVERYDAY
What does it mean that God’s love is deeper and wider than anything we have ever experienced and that we can never be separated from that love? God is love and He wants His people to exhibit that same kind of love toward others. How can you experience God’s love in your everyday life and how can you give back that love to God? Why is the greatest commandment to love God? You will discover a love that is deeper than a feeling and a love that is eternal. GOD “is”...
- Spirit, John 4:24
- Light, 1 John 1:5
- A consuming fire, Heb. 12:29
- Love, 1 John 4:16-21
GOD’S LOVE is LIFE CHANGING
- God’s love saved us, so that we could love others.
- God’s love changes your eternal destiny!
- God’s love changes your marriage, family, parenting.
- God’s love dwells in us to reach others.
- God’s love disciplines, Heb. 12:5-12.
Study and Discussion Questions
1. Do you ever question God’s love? Explain your response. What are reasons people give for not sensing God’s love?
2. Share a time when you found it difficult to genuinely love another person? What did the person do, how did their appearance affect you, or what caused you to not love them?
3. Rom. 5:1-8, With this text in mind discuss the following questions.
- How does peace with God differ from peaceful feelings?
- Define “peace with God”.
- What does it mean to stand in the place of highest privilege, v. 2?
- Compare 1 Cor. 13:13 with Rom. 5:2.
- Rom. 5:5, If God’s love is poured into our hearts, why is it hard to love others?
4. God always keeps His promises! God never lies, Num. 23:19,
- 1 Sam. 15:29, Heb. 6:18. His promise to love you will stand forever.
5. God’s command is to love Him and every neighbor. Matt. 22:36-39.
- Love as Jesus loved, John 13:34.
- Clothe yourself with love, Col. 3:12.
- Love each other deeply, 1 Peter 4:8.
Applications for Life
6. In what practical ways could love be shown that would result in another person’s life being changed, 1 John 15:12-13?
- A quote, “When loving God is our passion, loving others is a reflex.” We cannot give (love) what we do not have. Discuss.
7. Prayerfully love someone that you have had a struggle with. Pray and invite the Holy Spirit to pour into you the love from God.