The Mighty Angel and Little Scroll
The SIGNFICANCE of the MIGHTY ANGEL [10:1-7]
The vision of the mighty angel teaches us to:
- Trust God because His timing is perfect.
- God reveals what we need to know, not what we’d like to know.
- God’s mystery will eventually be accomplished.
The SIGNFICANCE of the LITTLE SCROLL [10:8-11]
The vision of the apostle John eating the little scroll teaches us to:
- Digest the sweet and bitter words of God.
- Declare the sweet and bitter words of God.
Do you have the courage to digest and declare God’s truth?
1. Do you believe that one of the reasons our culture is so politically correct is because everyone wants to hear only a “sweet” message? Does it feel like no one is willing to swallow the “bitter pill” of changing their life when they are confronted with their own sin?
2. Read Psalm 29. We are told that the voice of God is like thunder. Describe the power in God’s voice. Discuss the impressive mightiness of God’s strength.
3. The Bible is compared to bread (Matthew 4:4); milk (1 Peter 2:2); meat (1 Corinthians 3:1-2); honey (Psalm 119:103). What are the attributes of each of these metaphors? How does a Christian make sure the Bible is completely digested and not just tasted?
4. What are some mysteries you wish God would reveal to you? Have you ever approached God in your prayer life and asked Him to reveal to you something that you just couldn’t understand? How did you handle it when He continued to leave you in the dark?
Applying the Bible
5. Do you need to digest a truth from the Bible that is bitter, but is necessary to your holiness? What step can you take this week to accept the bitter reality of a sin in your life so that you get rid of it?
6. Do you need to go to someone this week and give them a “bitter pill” of truth? Can your group pray for you to have courage and gentleness as you approach this person?
7. What can you do this week to show God that you trust His timing?