The Letter to Philadelphia
The KEY to an OPEN DOOR
Did you know that God holds the key of sovereign control? If God wants it to happen, it will happen. And it will be in His timing.
- If God opens a door, no one will shut it.
- If God shuts a door, no one will open it.
The challenge is to figure out when God is opening a door of opportunity and when God might be closing a door for our own protection. In order to discern how God is working in our life, we must discover three keys:
- The key of God’s power.
- The key of uncompromising truth.
- The key of patient endurance.
A Powerful PROMISE to the OVERCOMER
Nothing will ever separate you from God’s love. No power, not even death or demons, will keep you from the presence of God. Rest in the fact that:
You will not be shaken.
1. Have you ever lost the key to your house or vehicle? What emotions were flooding through you as you searched for it? What did you do when you realized that you were not going to find it? What was it like to have a locked door leave you out of something?
2. Read the following passages concerning the idea that we will not be shaken because God is on our side (Acts 2:25; Hebrews 12:22-28; Psalm 21:7). Take time in each passage discovering the exact message God is trying to send to us about “being shaken.”
3. What does “faith as small as a mustard seed” (Matthew 17:14-23) have to do with “you have little strength” (Revelation 3:8)? Do you ever underestimate how much you can do when God is involved, even if you feel inadequate to accomplish something? Do you have a hard time believing that when something seems impossible, it is possible when God wants to do a miracle? Do you believe in God’s power?
Applying the Bible
4. Do you feel like giving up on something or someone because you doubt that anything will ever change for the best? Make it a point to believe that God will protect you from evil as you patiently endure the situation you are in. Pray to God every day this week and tell Him each time that you trust that He is a good father and that He has your best interest in mind.
5. What can you do this week to show God that you completely rely on His power to fulfill His purposes for you? Think deeply about an action step that shows God that you have faith in His strength.