The Impact of Godly Wealth
Be WISE with WEALTH
Many people begin their early adulthood with the dream of becoming wealthy. Maybe this doesn’t describe you, but you probably want financial security and some nice things the older you get. You might even talk about how nice it would be to be “well off”, but you seem to struggle paycheck to paycheck. Why is that? The book of Proverbs teaches us how to be wise enough to gain wealth and what to do with the blessings God gives to us so that we can avoid the pitfall of greed.
- Hard work brings a profit.
- God wants us to tithe so that He can reward us.
- Your generosity impacts heaven more than you can imagine.
- Trust in God, not riches.
1. Have you ever met someone who seems to be “all talk” and “no action”? Have you been talking about something for years and you need to find the courage to take the next step?
2. Read what God says about being in debt and being a lender (Romans 13:8; Psalm 37:21; 112:5; Proverbs 11:15; 22:26-27; Deuteronomy 15:1-2; Exodus 22:14; Matthew 5:42).
3. In what ways does God want us to be generous (1 Timothy 6:17-19; Acts 20:35; 2 Corinthians 9:7,13; Proverbs 19:17; Luke 19:8)? Why is generosity so important to God?
4. Meditate on Ephesians 3:20-21. Is there an area of your life that you need to commit to prayer, believing that God is able to do immeasurable more than you can even imagine? Share about a time when God blew you away with His generosity.
Applying the Word to Life
5. Spend time studying Malachi 3:6-12. In this passage, God says, “Test Me!” If you are not yet giving Him 10%, then listen to His challenge to you. Start giving 10% of your income to Him and see if He blesses you in return.
6. Would God call you a generous person? As you examine yourself, do you consider yourself generous? What will it take for you to loosen your grip on the things of this world?
7. Using 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 as a guide, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you how much you should give above and beyond your regular tithe for the day of giving? Will you commit to praying about this for the next two weeks?