The Fight of Your Life
Every day there is a war taking place for our mind and soul. The book of Ephesians speaks to this battle, and gives us a wonderful battle plan!
Know your ________________ (Enemy)
Know your _______________ (King)
Know your _______________ (Weapons)
- Belt of _______________ (Truth)
- Breastplate of _____________________ (Righteousness)
- Shoes fitted with the readiness that comes from the ______________ of peace (Gospel)
- Shield of ________________ (Faith)
- Helmet of ____________________ (Salvation)
- Sword of the ____________________ (Spirit)
- ________________ in the Spirit (Praying)
Never Give Up the Fight
Our enemy is persistent in his attacks, so we must continue to fight and not become weary!
Four times in this passage Paul says we need to _____________ (Stand). It is the idea of Perseverance.
We are ___________________ (Victorious) in Christ!
Small Group Questions
1. What spiritual battles are you facing today? What are some of the thoughts that have gone through your head about God, and what He is doing in your situation?
2. Share about a battle that you have faced in the past, and how you were able to experience victory in your life?
John 8:44 says that Satan is the Father of Lies. In the space below write down some of the lies that Satan has tried to make you believe. On the other side, write down the truth found in God’s word!
Satan’s Lies Line down middle God’s Truth
Which weapon mentioned in Ephesians 6 has been most helpful to you as you battle against the devil?
Applying the Bible
1. One of the ways that we can help people get spiritual victory is to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them. Spend some time praying for the people in your life that need to hear the Gospel! Pray for an opportunity to be able to share the hope you have in Jesus Christ!
2. What are some ways that you can “guard the gate” in your home to ensure that the devil does not gain a foothold?