The Fellowship Factor
A commonly used “church word” (fellowship), but so misunderstood.
Fellowship means “koinonia”—communion, sharing in common.
The BiblicalFactor (aspect or element)
Fellowship is the “heartbeat” of the church family. (Acts 2:42-47)
Fellowship is “rallying around Jesus!”
Fellowship with God and devoted followers.
- What is fellowship with God? (1 John 1:3, 5-7)
- Fellowship with the Holy Spirit. (2 Corinthians 13:14)
- How do we fellowship with each other? (1 John 1:3, 7)
The Believer’s Salvation Factor
Accept Jesus as the Forgiver of sins and desire to be a devoted Follower!
Fellowship can only take place in a “personal relationship.”
The Body Building Factor
LIFE Group Ministry:
- Connect with a LIFE Group.
- Develop the fellowship factor in the Life Group.
1. Share with each other how you have experienced fellowship with God.
▪ What intimate times have you spent in the presence of your Heavenly Father?
▪ What Psalm describes best your feelings about God? Explain why.
2. Some of the greatest enemies of fellowship in the church are as follows:
▪ The “sinful heart”—Read and study more fully 1 John 1:1-9.
There are three claims made in this passage.
Study the “darkness” and “light” aspect.
▪ Isolation/Individualism—Read and study 1 Cor. 12:12-27.
▪ Social media—List the pros and cons of cell phones, iPads, texting, emails, Facebook, and how these may hinder fellowship.
Personal and LIFE Group Applications
3. To improve fellowship in a marriage or household:
▪ Listen to an uplifting Christian song in the car as you drive and discuss its message.
▪ Recite and discuss familiar scripture verses together.
4. To enhance group fellowship:
▪ How has God been at work in your life this past week?
▪ Share a low and high (discouragement, challenge, or celebration) for the week.
▪ What scriptures have you attempted to live out this week?
5. Pray for each other and our church family, that our practice of fellowship would draw people to Christ and the church family.