The 7 Trumpets
Revelation 7-9; 11:15-19
Before the 7th Seal is opened (the 7 Trumpets), the apostle John sees two different groups of believers:
Surviving believers are sealed…protecting them from judgment.
Martyred believers are safe in heaven...protected for eternity.
The 7 ANGELS blow the 7 TRUMPETS
The judgment of God continues during the 7 year tribulation as the 7 trumpets are blown.
- Trumpet #1 – 1/3 of the earth will be burned up.
- Trumpet #2 – 1/3 of the ocean will be destroyed.
- Trumpet #3 – 1/3 of freshwater will be poisoned.
- Trumpet #4 – 1/3 of day will be darkened.
- Trumpet #5 – Locusts will torment the unsaved for 5 months.
- Trumpet #6 – 200 million soldiers will kill 1/3 of the population.
- Trumpet #7 – Jesus reigns forever.
Sides are drawn: God’s children and Satan’s children (no riding the fence).
1. Why do you think the nonbelieving humans who are left after the judgment of Trumpet #6 refuse to repent (Revelation 9:20-21)? What does this say about the human heart?
2. Do you think the locusts represent giant grasshoppers, helicopters, or demons from the abyss? Read 2 Peter 2:4 and Jude 6 and discuss Pastor Jeremy’s theory of “stinging demons” and how the spirit realm and material realm will become visible during the tribulation.
3. Read the following verses about how God’s “seal” guarantees our eternal inheritance (2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13-14). Since God will complete His good work in you until the day of Christ Jesus (Philippians 1:7), what does that do for your confidence in trusting God? Do you need to remind yourself of this security in Christ?
4. Discuss how red blood makes us white (Revelation 7:14).
Applying the Bible
5. Do you wake up every morning believing that God is on your side, no matter what might be happening around you? Do you walk around with the conviction that you are sealed, safe and protected by God?
6. Revelation 8:4 tells us that our prayers go up to God. Do you pray believing this to be the truth? As you pray this week, focus on Jesus being the center of your life, let Jesus lead you to living water, and ask Jesus to wipe away the tears from your eyes (Revelation 7:17).
7. Where is your heart? Are you listening to God’s still, small voice, or are you living selfishly in a way that rejects God’s will for your life?