The 7 SEALS opened by JESUS CHRIST
The 7 Seals (Revelation 6:1-17)
Since the end is near, we must prepare ourselves for the utter destruction of “the good life” as we know it right now.
- Seal #1 – Antichrist on white horse.
- Seal #2 – Red horse will take away peace.
- Seal #3 – Black horse will cause famine.
- Seal #4 – Death will ride the pale horse.
- Seal #5 – Martyrs will cry out for justice.
- Seal #6 – The great terror.
The seals teach us this truth about the last days of the earth:
God’s wrath will replace His mercy.
1. Out of all the events that will take place during the tribulation, which one seemed the worst? Which event gripped your heart? Why? What will it be like to live amidst such death and destruction?
2. Read Zechariah 1:8-17; 6:1-8. Did Zechariah see a similar vision as the apostle John? What does the vision in Zechariah teach us about the four horsemen of the apocalypse?
3. Read about the wrath of God. We know that God’s wrath is: (1) Just (Romans 2:5; Proverbs 24:12); (2) Consistent in the Old and New Testaments (Nahum 1:2; Jeremiah 30:23; Romans 1:18; Revelation 19:15); (3) His love in action against sin (Hebrews 10:30-31; Romans 11:36); (4) Satisfied in Christ (1 Timothy 1:15; Romans 3:26).
4. Discuss the connection between corrupt governments and famines. Whenever there is a flood, drought, or bad harvest combined with leaders who do not have the interests of the people involved, catastrophe almost always occurs.
Applying the Bible
5. In light of the sermon, what will you do when you see evil around you this week? Do you need to be a peacemaker? Do you need to show compassion to someone in need? Do you need to encourage someone? Do you need to stand up for the persecuted?
6. If you would like to help some of the refugees Pastor Jeremy talked about, then contact one of these organizations: (1) Mennonite Central Committee; (2) World Relief (donate to provide children’s backpacks); (3) World Vision; (4) Samaritan’s Purse; (5) Doctors without Borders.