The MINDSET of Jesus Christ
Jesus Christ displayed His mindset for all to see by emptying Himself. How did Jesus empty Himself?
- Jesus experienced the limitations of being human.
- Jesus veiled His glory.
- Jesus left heaven to become a servant.
The MOTIVATION of SERVANTHOOD
The mindset of Jesus was to become a servant. If you want to develop the mindset of servanthood, you must understand 3 reasons why you serve.
- You grasp the sacrificial life and death of Jesus.
- You desire to obey the kingdom purpose for your life.
- You desire to exalt the glorious name of Jesus Christ.
1. What do you appreciate most about the “emptying” of Jesus when He left heaven and came to this earth?
2. Read these passages about being a servant (Mark 10:45; 2 Cor. 4:5; Mark 9:35; Galatians 5:13; Colossians 3:23-24). What are some of the qualities of a servant? What does it mean to have a servant’s heart in everything you do (work, school, parenting, play, etc.)? Is there an area of your life where you lack being other-oriented?
3. Read Matthew 25:14-30. Count all the times Jesus uses the word “servant” in this story. When we are standing before God someday, we will be called a “faithful servant.” Does that describe you right now? Are you a servant of God, or are you a servant of yourself? Are youusing the gifts (talents) that God has given you to make a difference for His kingdom?
4. Read these accounts of the Transfiguration (Matt. 17:1-8; Mark 9:2-8; Luke 9:28-36). Jesus veiled His glory while He was on this earth, but on the mountain something supernatural happened (also Rev. 1:12-17). Discuss what it must have been like for Jesus to veil His glory. In what ways do you experience the glory of God in your everyday life?
Applying the Bible
5. If you’re not currently serving at Central, please check out the ministry fair in our gathering space these next few weekends so that you can get connected to the right ministry.
6. If you would like to learn more about your spiritual gifts, passions, abilities and personality, then please fill out My S.H.A.P.E. Profile which is an insert in your bulletin.