Graduate Sunday 2016
Revelation 3:7-8a “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who isholy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut!”
7 truths about Open Doors
- God is a God of __________ __________!
- Open Doors start _____________________!
- Sometimes God ___________ more than one door!
- Going through an open door does not mean that __________________ on the other side!
- The best way to ____________ large open doors is to practice a lot with small ones!
- Reject the myth that if I choose the wrong door, I am on ________________ for my life!
Blanks- open doors, where you are, opens, life will be easy, discern, God’s plan B
What open door does God want you to walk through today?
- Ask God for ________________! (wisdom)
- Seek __________ ____________! (Godly counsel)
1. Share about a time in your life when God opened a door for you. How did God work in your life and the lives of others through this open door? Did this open door have difficulty on the other side of it?
2. What do the following verses tell us about the will of God? Mark 3:35, John 9:31, Romans 12:2, Galatians 1:4, I Thessalonians 5:8, I Peter 2:15, I John 2:17
3. It is impossible for us to fully understand the dynamics of a holy God molding and shaping the will of man. Scripture is clear that God knows the future (Matthew 6:8; Psalm 139:1-4) and has total sovereign control over all things (Colossians 1:16-17; Daniel 4:35). The Bible also says that we must choose God or be eternally separated from Him. We are held responsible for our actions (Romans 3:19; 6:23; 9:19-21). How does God’s sovereignty work together with free will?
Applying the Bible
4. Sometimes God gives us a choice of more than one door. Share about a time in your life when you had two good options, and how God could have been honored in either decision you made!
5. Some of you are in a situation right now where you need to hear God’s voice in a certain situation. You have asked for wisdom and spent time in the word, and you still aren’t sure what your next step should be. Share this situation with your group, and pray for this situation!