GREAT is OUR GOD!
Our God is GREAT and greatly to be praised, because he is unique in every way. He alone is the Creator, above all man-created deities, works mighty miracles, the Provider, the Protector, the Giver of every perfect gift, the Forgiver of our sins, and deserves all the glory due His name.
The GREATNESS of God
The GOODNESS of God
The GRACE of God
RESPONSE to OUR GREAT GOD:
O, my God, he will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always
Personal/Group Study and Discussion
1. Have you ever said “OMG?” Describe the setting and reason you spoke those words. Do you believe it is using the Lord’s name in vain? Explain your answer. What word have you chosen to focus on for the coming year?
2. What are your favorite worship songs that express the “Greatness of God?” Refer to the lyrics of that song and how they honor God as great.
3. Follow up on verses in Psalm 86.
▪v. 10 States that God does marvelous deeds. List some from the Bible accounts.
▪v. 7 States that in the day of trouble we can call to God. Ps.34:17,19; 2 Cor. 1:4, 4:17. 7:4. What are daily troubles people might face?
▪v. 12 The writer says “I will praise you…with all my heart. When you give your entire heart to something, what does it look like?
▪v. 17 “Give me a sign of your goodness.” Should we ask God for signs to show us his greatness? What are signs he shows us?
▪v. 8 Among the gods there is no one like you. Google “other gods” and see what is stated about their offerings. Ps. 96:5
4. When you worship God personally, in private, what are your emotions, body Language and words spoken. When you compare your private and corporate worship experiences what are the similarities and differences? When you experience God being close to you, does it cause you to confess, fall down to worship, or touch your life in other ways?
5. Spend time in prayer not asking, but giving praise for God’s greatness, goodness and grace.