God…bring life to my DRY BONES
Our ONLY Hope for CHANGE
Why do some people have a vibrant faith, while others don’t seem to care much about their relationship with God? If you’re struggling because you want someone you love to follow God, but they are dead in their faith, then you need to focus on this fact:
- ONLY God has the power to change a heart of stone.
How DRY BONES Come to Life
How do we allow God to change our hearts? If you are struggling with dryness in your spiritual walk with God, what are two supernatural actions which you need to live out?
- HEAR God’s word for the purpose of transformation.
- HOLD onto God’s hope which brings joy and peace.
The BREATH of God
What really happens when our lives are transformed? There is something that happens in the invisible realm:
- Life conquers death when God’s spirit enters us.
Study and Discussion Questions
1. Do you have someone in your life right now who has a heart of stone? Does this person seem dead inside to God’s spirit? If this person did have a relationship with Jesus, then how did they become so distant from God? Have you ever thought about praying Ezekiel 36:26-27 over their life?
2. Read Matthew 13:1-17 (Isaiah 6:9-10; Acts 28:26-27). These three passages teach us that a calloused heart shows itself in not hearing with ears and not seeing with eyes. Study the parable of the sower and discuss how most people do not see or hear the gospel message because of their hardened heart.
3. If you are lacking hope right now, read the following passages (Jeremiah 29:11; Psalm 25:5; 31:24; 33:22; 42:11; 119:114; 130:5; Isaiah 40:31; Romans 5:3-5; 8:25; 15:13; Hebrews 10:23; 11:1; Proverbs 13:12; Micah 7:7; 1 Peter 1:3; 3:15; Colossians 1:27; Ephesians 4:4). Prayerfully allow these verses to uplift you in a renewed hope in your Lord.
4. Read the miracles of Jesus. Notice that when Jesus speaks, healing is immediate. Discuss the power of God’s Word.
Applying the Word to Life
5. When is the last time you have felt the joy and peace of God? If you have a desire to be refreshed in the Lord, then start with “hearing” Jesus speak to you through His words in the Bible. Read the Bible out loud. Pray through the Scripture. Memorize the verses. Open up your heart for God’s spirit to enter into you. Do this each morning for the next month.
6. Are you stuck in the suffering stage? What should you do this week to persevere in order to gain character (Romans 5:3-4)?