Giving God Glory
The Glorious SHAKING
What is this shaking which Haggai prophecies about? The shaking has two aspects. The first shaking started when Jesus died for our sins and the second shaking will happen when God comes back to judge the world.
What are the priorities of someone who can withstand the shaking of God when He comes back again?
Be strong in the spirit.
Be rich in God’s glory.
Be at peace with God.
PRAYING to the God Who SHAKES the UNIVERSE
God, open my spiritual eyes so that I might see from Your perspective.
1. Are you at peace with God? What is required for you to be at peace? Share about a time in your life when you felt the closest to God.
2. What does the Bible say about the shaking of God (Psalm 29:8; Judges 5:4; Isaiah 13:13; Luke 21:26; Hebrews 12:26-27; Habakkuk 3:6; Amos 9:9; 1 Kings 14:15; Ezekiel 38:20; Revelation 6:13; Acts 4:31; 16:26)? Discuss all the different instances where God has shaken things up and why God’s shaking is part of His ultimate plan.
3. Read 1 Corinthians 1:27-29; 1 Samuel 16:7. It appears that God does things differently than the world. The world often worships the talented, good-looking and powerful. God, on the other hand, rises up the humble hearted. Why does God do it this way? Could it be for His glory? Is there a story in your life when you clearly did something in the spirit’s strength for the glory of God?
Applying the Bible
4. How can you become strong in the spirit? How can you increase your awareness of the Holy Spirit’s guidance in your daily life? Focus on prayer, Bible study and having a godly advisor. These are the three main ways God speaks to us. What can you do to experience more power in one of these areas starting this week?
5. What you are building here on earth has greater implications than what your physical eyes might see. You might be discouraged that you are not as far as what you thought you might have been in your life, but just remember that God judges by a different set of standards and He sees in a realm we cannot see clearly. Ask God this week to open your eyes to the riches of His glory.