Dreams from God
The Reality of the SPIRIT REALM
Jacob’s dream gives us insight into the immaterial. Although invisible, God and His angels are active in the concerns of people on planet earth.
- Stairway connects the heavenly and earthly realm.
- Angels show God’s constant care for us.
- God always watches over us.
“YAHWEH ELOHIM” is in this PLACE
After Jacob woke from his dream, he realized that God was near him at Bethel. What can you do to be more aware of the presence of God?
- Acknowledge God’s awesome presence.
- Follow the lead of your God.
1. How aware of the spirit realm are you? Do you ever pause to consider how God is at work in your life and others around you?
2. Has God ever spoken to you through a dream? Did this dream change the trajectory of your life in any way? If you feel comfortable, share your dream with the group.
3. Think through and discuss the angelic hierarchy presented in the sermon (Genesis 3:24; Isaiah 6:1-7; Ezekiel 1:4-28; 28:14; Hebrews 13:2; Revelation 4:6-9; 12:7; Daniel 8:16-26; 9:20-27; Luke 1:11-20, 26-38; Jude 9; Daniel 10:13, 21; 12:1). What are you most amazed about when you think through all the different kinds of angels God created?
4. Discuss ways you can discern whether or not God has used a dream to speak with you: (1) godly people interpret it (i.e. Joseph, Daniel); (2) the Bible confirms the truth in the dream; (3) other?
5. Study the story in Daniel 10. The prince of Persia (demon) kept an angel from visiting Daniel for 21 days until Michael the archangel helped him in a spiritual battle. Does this explain why our prayers are sometimes delayed in their answer?
Applying the Bible
6. Since there are two different sides pulling us, how aware of the spiritual realm can you be this week as you make daily decisions? What can you do differently to make yourself more discerning? Pray that God allows you to interpret other people’s words correctly.
7. Every day this week pray this simple prayer over your life: “God, make me more aware of your awesome presence!”