MOUNTAIN moving FAITH
We have heard the saying that if we have just a little faith, we can move mountains. But what does that truly mean for us personally? There are so many times our prayers have not been answered and we feel more like the disciples (failure to cast out demon) than Jesus (rebuked demon and it left immediately). What does God want us to understand about faith?
- Faith is not a formula to motivate God, but a conviction that God’s promises will be fulfilled.
- Faith is seeing the tree in the seed.
KNEELING before JESUS
The world teaches us that we are most powerful when others bow before us. But if we fight against the mentality of self-sufficiency and instead focus on looking to God for our source of power, we will experience more miracles in our life.
- Kneeling is the posture of faith in God’s power.
Study and Discussion Questions
1. What is the mountain in your life? Rebellious child? Cancer? Unemployment? Infertility? Loneliness? Loved one headed to hell? Marriage struggles? Are you afraid to pray for these mountains in your life? Do you pray according to the promises of God in His word? Do you pray with patience knowing that God’s will is accomplished in His timing?
2. The Bible tells us repeatedly that nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37; Matthew 19:26; Job 42:2; Mark 9:23; 10:27; 14:36; Jeremiah 32:17; Genesis 18:14; Isaiah 46:10). Discuss all the different examples used in these verses to prove the supernatural ability of God in every and any situation.
3. The act of kneeling is a common theme in the Old and New Testament (Psalm 95:6; 2 Chronicles 7:3; 29:29; Romans 14:11; Philippians 2:9-11; Mark 5:6; 10:17; Luke 5:8; 22:41; Matthew 8:2; 9:18; 15:25; 20:20; Ephesians 3:14; 1 Kings 8:54; Ezra 9:5; Acts 9:40; 20:36; 21:5). Why is the posture of kneeling before God such a powerful picture of faith?
Applying the Word to Life
4. Do you see the tree in your seed? Abraham had a hard time seeing God’s promise to him fulfilled. Moses doubted God. Jonah ran away from God’s command. Do you need to repent of your unbelief? Doubt? Disobedience? What can you do to show God that you have faith in His ability to do anything?
5. When is the last time you have panted a seed of hope about Jesus Christ in someone else? Who are you talking to about Jesus? Just as the seed inside you once grew into belief, will you help plant or water a seed that leads towards salvation?