4 Keys to pursuing an authentic encounter with Jesus
- Wholehearted Pursuit
- If we desire to encounter Jesus, we must be pursuing him whole-heartedly.
- Consistent Prayer
- If we go to God consistently in prayer, I’m positive that we will encounter Him.
- Focused Quiet Time
- Take a quiet time each day to be still and focus on God.
- Compassionate Service
- When we serve, we can encounter Jesus.
- The story of Saul - Acts 7-9
- Wholehearted Pursuit - Jeremiah 29:13, Matthew 22:37
- Consistent Prayer – 1 Thesssalonians 5:16-18
- Focused Quiet Time – Psalm 46:10
- Compassionate Service – Matthew 9:36
- Approach God Boldly – Hebrews 4:15-16
1. Have you experienced an authentic encounter with Jesus? If so, did you pursue it intentionally or was it a Damascus Road encounter? If not, have you pursued this?
2. It can be very frustrating to feel like we are pursuing Jesus, but not encounter Him. Do you feel like this? Have you felt like this before? Why do you think God allows us to feel like this?
3. Why do you think God gives some people a Damascus Road experience, like Saul, but many others do not have that? OR Do you disagree with that thinking and say that we all encounter Jesus in some way? Explain.
4. If you were to add to the keys JB shared for pursuing and authentic encounter with Jesus, what would you add? Why would you add this?
5. After Saul encountered Jesus, he completely changed his life and his identity. What are some ways in which you changed after encountering Jesus? If you don’t feel like you have encountered Him before, what are some things in your life that would need to change?
6. In the next week, what are one or two things that you could do to be more intentional about your pursuit of Jesus?