The POWER of the BLOOD
The blood of Jesus Christ is the most powerful weapon in a Christians’ life. God wants us to know seven truths about the blood of Jesus.
- The blood helps us overcome Satan’s schemes [Rev 12:10-11]
- The blood took away Satan’s position [John 12:31-33]
- The blood broke Satan’s power [Hebrews 2:14-15]
- The blood cancelled our debt [Colossians 2:13-14]
- The blood gives us confidence before God [Hebrews 10:19-22]
- The blood gives us victory if we walk in light [1 John 1:7]
- The blood displays God’s triumph over evil [Colossians 2:15]
- Satan is called our accuser. He spends 24 hours a day trying to slander us in front of God. Even though we know that God does not listen to Satan’s accusations against us once we become one of His children, we still believe the whispers Satan tries to fill in our heads about how we will be condemned. How do you fight against Satan’s mind games?
- Read Romans 16:17-20. We are told that the God of peace will crush Satan under their feet. If you read the context here, you will notice how people in the church were causing division. Satan is behind so much division in the church. When is the last time you cried out to the God of peace to crush Satan when you hear gossip and other destructive talk?
- Read 1 John 4:4. Do you live like God (who lives in you) is greater than Satan (who lives in the world)? In what ways do you remind yourself that the all-powerful God of the universe lives inside you and gives you the power to overcome?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:55-58. In what ways does God give us victory in this life and eternal life? Do you thank Him for it?
Applying the Word to Life
- Are you walking in the light? Are you deepening your relationship with God? If you can answer yes, then the blood of Jesus will shield you from the schemes of Satan. But if you are not in fellowship with God, decide today that you will confess your sin to God and start living in His light (1 John 1:9).
- How can you show God that you believe that Satan has lost his power? Focus on your mindset (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).