Sizing Up The Enemy
SIZING UP the ENEMY.
- An invisible battle.
- A battle you can win.
Satan IS NOT God’s peer or counterpart.
- Only God is all powerful, everywhere present, all knowing, a miracle worker and eternal.
- 1 John 4:4 “…the One who is in you is greater than the one in the world.”
SEATED with CHRIST in the “HEAVENLY REALMS”. Eph. 2:4-6
- We can have a relationship with Jesus.
- Victory is linked to our praying. Eph. 6:18
*Resource and study notes from The Armor of God by Priscilla Shirer.
Personal and Group Study
1. In what ways are you currently wrestling with the enemy (person or circumstance)? Draw a circle with a line to the right side of the circle. Place the name of a person(s) or circumstances within the circle. Write on the line, “Not the real enemy/problem.” Read Eph. 6:12.
2. What information can you gather about this enemy from the Bible? 1 Jn. 3:8, Jn. 8:44, Rev. 2:7-9, Is. 14:12-14, Matt. 4:8-9, 2 Cor. 11:14, Rev. 12:12, Peter 5:8
3. There is power in praying. Read the entire passage of James 5:13-16, focus primarily on v. 16. Stop at every word and discuss. According to this verse, what do we need to do to exercise power in our prayer life?
4. How might the devil gain access into your life or situation? Eph. 4:27
5. Spend prayer for our Church family and it’s leaders. Write out your prayer below and pray it often.