One Nation Under God
I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation, under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
What are you under?
Under Culture 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Under God
Romans 12:2 says, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.”
How the Devil uses Culture
1. Change the way we _________ (Think)
2. Change the way we ____________ (Believe)
3. Change the way we ___________ (Behave)
Three Decisions I need to make to Live Under God
I Peter 5:6
We need to humble ourselves under God’s mighty hand and ask:
1. Am I being ____________? (Deceived)
2. Am I being intoxicated by ____________? (Culture)
Small Group Questions
1. Who is the most influential person in your life?
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being under culture, and 10 being under God, where do you rate yourself? Our country?
3. Read again the story of Daniel found in Daniel 1:1-21. Go around and share what stands out to you.
4. List these in order of how much they influence you: entertainment, work, money, faith, and approval of others.
5. Pastor Troy asked us to make some predetermined resolutions for living daily under God. What is on your list?
6. Pray for one another as you commit to take steps to live more under the influence of God!