Motivation For Endurance
2 Timothy 2:8-13
1st Motivation to Endure: Remember Jesus
2nd Motivation to Endure: those who have suffered before
- Paul is suffering that others might know and follow Christ
- There is no suffering that can chain the Word of God
3rd Motivation to Endure: reward from our faithful God
- This is the promised privilege of reigning with Christ
- There is also warning of apostasy
- God is faithful beyond us
Life Group questions
Read 2 Timothy 2 as you begin together.
1. What area(s) in your life do you need endurance? What is causing your suffering?
2. Which of the motivations for endurance could be most helpful for you? What about it connects to your situation?
3. Which motivation is least helpful? Why?
4. Who around you is in need of endurance? How can you be a part of helping them? Include those around you who may not know Jesus: How can you share this encouragement with them?
5. Take time to pray for each other; both for the needs of those in the group, and also for each group member as we look toward sharing this message with those outside the group who need endurance.
For further study related to endurance
6. Romans 2:7; 5:3; 8:24; 12:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:3; 2 Thessalonians 1:4; 3:5; Col 1:11; 1 Tim 6:11; Tit 2:2
For further study on God’s faithfulness:
7. James 1:17, Hebrews 1:10-12 (Citing psalm 102:25-27)
8. Hebrews 13:8, Titus 1:2
9. Deuteronomy 7:9, Numbers 23:19, Malachi 3:6
10. 1 Corinthians 1:9; 10:13; 2 Cor 1:18; 1 Thess 5:24