Finding True Rest
Difference between physical tiredness and tiredness of the soul
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened”- Matthew 11:28
Weary- Self-Inflicted Weight
Burdened- Weight that is put on us by someone else
“Take my yoke upon you”- Matthew 11:29
The yoke takes away the _______________ of the animal. (freedom)
Jesus wants to step into your situation and help carry your ______________. (burden)
“And you will find rest for your souls”- Matthew 11:29
How do we find rest?
1. We need to have an ___________ and _____________ conversation with God! (open, honest)
2. We have to ___________ who God is! (trust)
3. We need to learn to ____________ to God! (surrender)
Small Group Questions
1. Share about a time in your life that you experienced physical exhaustion
2. Read the following verses and discuss what they have to say about rest
a. Genesis 2:2-3
b. Exodus 20:8-10
c. Mark 6:30-32
d. Mark 2:27
e. Psalm 4:8
f. Psalm 23
3. What is the difference between being tired and having tiredness of the soul?
4. What are examples of burdens we put on ourselves and what are examples of burdens others put on us?
5. Share about a burden that you are carrying at the moment. Pray for the situation as a group.